Frozen S’Mores Bars
Logan is obsessed with s’mores. Literally obsessed (hence the picture below) It’s the first thing we do when arriving at our cabin in North Carolina. And these gooey campfire inspired Frozen S’mores Bars will kill at any summer gathering!
All the flavors of the classic s’more…chocolate, marshmallow, and graham cracker, in a fun, frozen dessert that’s perfect for hot summer days.
What is even coolers about these sweet treats is that you can make your own version with different cookies and toppings!
Instead of using graham crackers, let the kids make them with Rice Krispy Treats, Oreos, or Chocolate Chip Cookies! Or keep the graham crackers and add bacon, chips, or fruit (channeling my inner dietitian with that last one)
INGREDIENTS FOR MY FROZEN S’MORES BARS
- Marshmallow fluff – literally, nothing healthy about this. It just tastes good.
- TruWhip – Truwhip is a guilt-free whip cream dessert that makes little moments of joy that much sweeter. It also comes in Keto, Vegan, and Skinny! Love this stuff.
- Graham crackers – while graham crackers are not exactly healthy, they can be a good source of whole grains, a light and easy snack to bring on a outing or to have before a hike. I like Annies Organic but used Keeblers because it’s what I had in the house.
- Cream cheese – I prefer Philadelphia cream cheese because it has real and wholesome ingredients. But it’s your call. Philly cream cheese always produces a foolproof creamy, clump free dessert! Make sure you get full fat.
- Almond Milk – Almond milk is often enriched with vitamin D, and consuming it often may help prevent vitamin D deficiency.
- Simply Delish Chocolate Pudding Mix – okay, you guys…i’m in love with this brand. It has become a staple in my kitchen and contains everything you could ever want in a dessert but without the calories or carbs (helloooo to all those struggling with diabetes or PCOS!)Here are a few tips to help you create the best frozen s’mores bars⠀
Here are a few tips to help you create the perfect s’mores bar:⠀
- Make sure to put the pudding layer in the freezer for AT LEAST 15 minutes while you mix up the marshmallow fluff layer. This ensures the marshmallow will lay nicely on top.
- You definitely need to let them stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before biting into one. You’ll loose a tooth if you don’t!
- Try a different flavor of pudding mix. Vanilla, cinnamon, raspberry, or strawberry could be super fun and yummy.
HOW TO MAKE FROZEN S’MORES BARS FROM SCRATCH
Line a pan of your choosing with parchment paper. Make sure to leaving a 1-inch overhang for easy removal.
In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk until smooth. Pour into prepared pan and spread in an even layer.
Place in freezer while you prepare the marshmallow layer.
With an electric mixer, beat the marshmallow fluff and cream cheese until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping.
Spread marshmallow layer over pudding layer. Cover and return to the freezer for 4-5 hours, or until firm.
Use the parchment paper to remove the chocolate and marshmallow layer and place it on a cutting board.
Cut the bars into squares. Flip each square over and place another graham cracker on top.
Wrap individually. You can return them to the freezer until you’re ready to eat or I like to let them melt a little then dig-in!