These German Chocolate Keto Brownies have a delicious and low carbohydrate chocolate base that’s topped with an irresistible toasted coconut pecan frosting.
Most of you are familiar with the traditional German Chocolate Cake. While many people love this double layered chocolate cake, people who struggle with insulin resistance like myself, typically need to alter it as to not spike their sugar.
There are countless keto/low carb German Chocolate Cake recipes online, but I really wanted something quick and super easy to make. Last night I tweaked the recipe to make these keto-friendly German Chocolate Brownies instead. And I have to say (insert shoulder hand brush gesture), I nailed it. It may be one of my favorite keto dessert ever. It’s chocolatey, coconutty pecan bites will knock your socks off.
If you are like me, and love a good healthy dessert, then you’ll need to check out all of my low carb recipes in my baking recipe index. I have LOTS of amazing ideas that pack in the flavor but won’t disrupt your hormones. You don’t have to stress about macros when you make my recipes. Some of my favorites are linked below!
must-have kitchen tools
An Instant Pot is similar to a pressure cooker as they seal in the moisture which turns to steam as the temperature is raised. After a few minutes the pressure will have built up enough to start cooking but because of the combination of heat and steam they will cook food up to 70% faster than a conventional oven.
Pressed garlic has a lighter, more delicate flavor than minced garlic because it excludes the bitter center stem. A good garlic press can break down cloves more evenly which means better distribution of garlic flavor throughout your dish.
for the toasted coconut pecan topping
I highly recommend toasting the coconut and the pecans for this frosting. It takes the flavor and texture to the next level. To make the frosting add the cream, sugar, egg yolks, and salt to a saucepan. Cook over medium heat while continuously stirring. Once the mixture comes to a low boil, turn the heat down to low-medium and continue cooking until the mixture has thickened, about 3-5 more minutes.
Remove from the heat and add the butter, vanilla, pecans, and toasted coconut. Stir until the butter has melted and everything is combined.
Let sit at room temperature until cooled, then frost the brownies.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
German Chocolate Keto Brownies
- 1 Box Keto Brownie Mix I buy mine from Costco
Coconut Pecan Frosting
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Granulated Swerve Sugar
- 2 egg Yolks
- 4 tbsp Butter
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¾ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Toasted Pecans Finely chopped
- 1 cup Toasted Unweetened Shredded Coconut Like…a heaping cup!
For The Keto Brownies
- Follow instructions per box
For The Topping
- Add the cream, sugar, egg yolks, and salt to a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat while continuously stirring.
- Once the mixture comes to a low boil, turn the heat down to low-medium and continue cooking until the mixture has thickened, about 3-5 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter, vanilla, pecans, and toasted coconut.
- Stir until the butter has melted and everything is combined.
- Let sit at room temperature until cooled, then frost the brownies.