This five-ingredient, Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts recipe is the perfect appetizer (or side dish!) for your Christmas feast. They are healthy, easy to make, and super tasty!
Bacon-Wrapped Brussels Sprouts are a fun way to eat your veggies! Crisp honey mustard glazed bacon wrapped around mouth-watering Brussel sprouts. These are the best appetizer ever!
Even the health and vegetable skeptics in your circle, the ones who refuse to accept that brussel sprouts can taste like candy, will not be able to resist these bacon-wrapped cuties.
cool kitchen finds
If the Brussel sprouts are large, I cut them in half before wrapping in bacon. If they are smaller, I will wrap them whole.
Typically I would recommend using thick-cut bacon, but in this case, I encourage you to use thin-cut bacon. Why…cook time. Thick-cut bacon takes a bit longer to crisp up. If you are dead set on using thick bacon, save yourself some time (and frustration) and pre-cook the bacon to half done. Enough to be pliable so it can wrap it around the sprouts.
Brussel sprouts should be green, not yellow or contain black spots (for this recipe or ever). They should also be firm. Brussel sprouts still attached to their stem will last much longer if stored in a cool, dry place.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts
- 1 lbs Brussels Sprouts Stems Trimmed
- 12 slices Thick Cut Smoked Bacon
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Wholegrain Mustard
- 3 tbsp Honey
- Black Pepper & Salt to Taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Blanch Brussels sprouts in boiling water for 2 minutes, then drain and transfer to iced water to stop cooking.
- Wrap bacon tightly around the Brussels sprout ensuring the ends overlap.
- Secure the bacon with a toothpick and lay the sprout in the baking pan. Place in the oven and roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, honey, salt and black pepper.
- Remove the pan from the oven and gently brush the Brussels sprouts with the glaze. Roast for another 10 minutes or until the bacon has crisped up and the sprouts are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with remaining glaze. Enjoy!