No one should have to choose between cheesecake and chocolate ganache. So I put them together for you. And, in a healthy way. You’re welcome.
I figured I would talk quickly about the ingredient “ganache” since my computers spell check doesn’t recognize the word. Go figure. Ganache is a mixture of chocolate and cream that dates back to the 1860’s in France where it was first used in the making of chocolate truffles.
Typically, chocolate is added to hot cream, allowed to melt, then stirred until smooth. The more cream, obviously the more pourable the ganache. Standard ratios are 50 / 50 of chocolate to cream, but a ganache can be a dessert topping, truffle filling, sauce, or frosting.
INGREDIENTS FOR NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE GANACHE CHEESECAKE
Cream cheese – I prefer Philadelphia cream cheese because it has real and simple ingredients. Philly cream cheese produces a creamy dessert but remember to get the full fat kind.
Sour cream – We find that a mixture of sour cream and cream cheese makes for the creamiest, dreamiest, perfectly tangy cheesecake. Make sure your sour cream is also at room temperature to make sure it beats right into the cream cheese without any problems.
Heavy whipping cream – Heavy whipping cream contains necessary fat-soluble vitamins like Vitamin A, D, E, and K. Full-fat dairy products such as heavy whipping cream contain more of these vitamins than low-fat or nonfat dairy. This is why I always preach about full-fat dairy products over low or fat free. Fat-soluble vitamins are better absorbed by the body when they are consumed with fat.
Stevia – Stevia, produced by the stevia plant (Stevia rebaudiana) is associated with several impressive health benefits, such as reduced calorie intake, blood sugar levels, and risk of cavities.(1)
Unsweetened baking chocolate – I LOVE, and prefer, Lily’s Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate Chips. They are 45% cocoa, No Sugar Added, Botanically Sweetened with Stevia, Fair Trade Certified, Made with Non-GMO Ingredients, and Gluten Free. You will see it all over my site. Also, I prefer to rough chop my chocolate chips so they are evenly dispersed. The easiest way to do this is to use a large sharp knife and go over the chocolate in a mincing motion, just as if you’re mincing garlic.
Here are a few tips to help you create the best cheesecakes:⠀
1. Make sure you have your eggs and cream cheese at room temperature. Doing this step makes for a creamier cheesecake. If you forget to bring these out of the refrigerator an hour or two before you start to mix the batter, place the eggs in a bowl of hot, not boiling, water to warm up.
2. When it’s time to add the eggs, add one at a time, mixing each until just incorporated.
HOW TO MAKE NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE GANACHE CHEESECAKE
Using a hand mixer, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, and sweetener.
Spoon some of the filling into each cupcake molds.
Melt the unsweetened baking chocolate over a double boiler. Slowly add the heavy cream to the chocolate and mix until thoroughly combined.
Add water and mix until you get a thick liquid-like consistency.
Pour the ganache into the cheesecakes and swirl with a knife.
Place in refrigerator for minimum 2 hour and serve.
No Bake Chocolate Ganache Cheesecakes
For The Cheesecake
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream
- ¼ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ¼ cup Stevia
For The Ganache
- 2 oz Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Water
- Using a hand mixer, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, and sweetener.
- Spoon some of the filling into each cupcake molds.
- Melt the unsweetened baking chocolate over a double boiler. Slowly add the heavy cream to the chocolate and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add water and mix until you get a thick liquid-like consistency.
- Pour the ganache into the cheesecakes and swirl with a knife.
- Place in refrigerator for minimum 2 hour and serve.
Welcome to LG Nutrition - a place to optimize your health and relieve stress with some homemade sweet treats