This lovely, and easy-to-make dessert, reminds me of being in Key West, FL with nothing but sand in my toes and Jimmy Buffet music playing all around me.
My easy no-bake keto key lime pie recipe is a summer treasure, internet friends. Minimal ingredients, maximum deliciousness and all the beachy vibes you can think of.
This recipe is perfect to make on vacation, at the lake, or on the beach. And if you prefer lemons, give them a whirl and let me know how it turns out!
I’m also obsessed with the health benefits that citrus fruit has to offer. This class of fruits includes lemons, limes, oranges, grapefruit, and additional hybrids varieties. Citrus fruits are an excellent source of vitamin C, a nutrient that strengthens the immune system and keeps your skin smooth and elastic. Fun fact, just one orange has all the vitamin C you need in an entire day.
Another awesome fact is that citrus fruits can help ward off kidney stones by raising the levels of citrate in your urine…yeah, I know…dietitian nerd alert!
Here is your grocery shopping list for my No Bake Keto Key Lime Pie:
Almond Flour – The vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants in almond flour can provide important health benefits. For example, manganese helps the body properly clot blood, allowing it to heal after injuries. Manganese also helps the body break down carbohydrates and cholesterol. Almond flour is also rich in magnesium, which can help you better control your blood sugar levels.
Butter: Butter will hold together the crust for the perfect buttery base to this pie!
Ground cinnamon – oh, cinnamon. How I love you. Cinnamon is thought to have many medicinal and soothing properties, and is used frequently in Chinese herbal medicine. The distinctive smell and flavor of cinnamon comes from the essential oils contained in the bark, called cinnamaldehyde. Cinnamon also contains large amounts of polyphenol antioxidants which helps to calm inflammation.
Cream cheese: I prefer Philadelphia cream cheese because it really is the cream cheese of all cream cheeses (and it has REAL ingredients). I truly believe cream cheese is one of the rare cases where the off-brand option really does make a difference.
Limes – Citrus fruits like limes are high in vitamin C, a primary antioxidant that helps protect cells from damaging free radicals.
Truvia – You will see this a lot on my blog and in my recipes. I like it because it does not influence blood sugar. It is however not fully plant-based as advertised and is made of 3 different things: Erythritol, a sugar alcohol, Rebaudioside A, a sweet compound isolated from the stevia plant (listed as Rebiana on the label), and “natural flavoring” which the manufacturer does not specify. Kinda shady, but I’ll let it slide. You can substitute Swerve or Monk Fruit here if preferred.
Vanilla extract: Vanilla extract is life. It really elevates this No Bake Keto Key Lime Pie recipe from good to great. I suggest splurging on a high quality pure vanilla extract. You won’t regret it.
Here are a few tips to help you create the perfect keto key lime pie:
1. I used key lime (for obvious reasons) but you can always swap out the key lime for Persian or kaffir limes.
2. I sometimes add Whip Cream to my cream cheese mixture in order to make the pie fluffier. It is a great addition, that will not compromise taste, but does make the dish appear larger and serves more people.
Line the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish with parchment paper.
Press the dough into the bottom of the pie dish.
For the filling, combine the cream cheese, truvia, vanilla extract, lime zest, and lime juice from all 4 limes in a food processor. Blend until the filling is smooth.
Spread the filling into the pie dish and refrigerate for at least two hours or until the pie is firm.
Slice and enjoy!
No Bake Keto Key Lime Pie
For The Crust
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- ⅓ cup Salted butter
- 2 tbsp Truvia
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
For The Filling
- 12 oz Cream Cheese Room Temp
- 4 Limes
- Lime Zest
- ⅓ cup Truvia
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish with parchment paper.
For The Crust
- Combine almond flour, butter, cinnamon and truvia with an electric mixer.
- Press the dough into the bottom of the pie dish.
For The Filling
- For the filling, combine the cream cheese, truvia, vanilla extract, lime zest, and lime juice from all 4 limes in a food processor. Blend until the filling is smooth.
- Spread the filling into the pie dish and refrigerate for at least two hours or until the pie is firm.
- Slice and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Shubha K De, Xiaobo Liu, Manoj Monga, Changing trends in the American diet and the rising prevalence of kidney stones. Urology. 2014 Nov;84(5):1030-3. doi: 10.1016/j.urology.2014.06.037. Epub 2014 Sep 5.
Welcome to LG Nutrition - a place to optimize your health and relieve stress with some homemade sweet treats